Why an Associate Degree?
An associate degree is an American university degree consisting of roughly 20 courses in a chosen field of study, which is typically completed in two years. Many students at American universities choose to begin their academic career with an associate degree for a number of reasons:
(1) After completing an associate degree, there almost no formalities involved with continuing one’s studies toward a bachelor’s degree
(2) Obtaining an associate degree gives students a tool for career-advancement while still studying, as well as an advantage in searching for a job
(3) Research shows that dividing one’s goals into shorter, more manageable tasks greatly increases an individual’s ability to achieve defined goals
(4) The majority of UoPeople’s scholarship funds are allocated to students working for an associate degree.
Associate of Science in Business Administration
The Associate of Science in Business Administration program is built on a strong industry foundation and provides a broad understanding of business and business fundamentals.
Students learn how to:
(1) Apply appropriate business models in decision-making situations
(2) Perform effectively within a professional team environment
(3) Apply ethical reasoning to business situations
The online associate degree program in business administration introduces students to the basic tenets of the field of business and provides a foundation for continued study towards a bachelor degree.
Each student will be connected with a personal Program Advisor at the commencement of their studies, who will remain with them until graduation. The student's personal Program Advisor acts as his/her support system throughout their studies. The personal Program Advisor will be happy to answer any questions the student may have, offer academic advice, discuss course selection, and offer encouragement throughout the student's studies.