University of the People is a tuition-free, non-profit institution. UoPeople does not charge students for classes, textbooks, study materials, or annual enrollment.
As a non-profit academic institution dedicated to opening access to higher education, UoPeople has succeeded in cutting down almost the entire cost of attending university.
Our goal is to ensure that no qualified student is denied the right to access higher education, for financial reasons or otherwise.
Terms & Conditions
To be awarded a scholarship, you must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The money that is allocated toward your scholarship is solely for the purpose of paying your Assessment Fees at UoPeople. It is not for your personal gain or usage outside of your Assessment Fees at UoPeople. The funds are property of UoPeople, held in your name and allocated by UoPeople toward the payment of your Assessment Fees for the time that you remain enrolled at UoPeople.
- In order to continue to receive your scholarship funds, you must maintain a level of Satisfactory Academic Progress. Your scholarship will be at risk if you are placed on Academic Warning and may be withdrawn if you are not meeting the required level of Satisfactory Academic Progress. If you return to Good Academic Standing, please be aware that this scholarship shall not again be made available to you. Information regarding the requirements of Satisfactory Academic Progress can be found in the University Catalog.
- Should you cease your studies, fail to commence your studies, are dismissed for academic or disciplinary reasons from UoPeople, or your scholarship is withdrawn for failure to maintain a level of Satisfactory Academic Progress, you forfeit your scholarship, and the entirety or remainder of the scholarship funds previously allocated to you will be returned to the University to provide another student with scholarship funds.
- Should you decide to return to the University at a later time, and require assistance in paying your Assessment Fees, you will need to re-apply for financial aid. UoPeople cannot guarantee that financial aid will be available upon your return.
- If you are required to repeat courses, you will incur an additional Assessment Fee for each additional course taken and may not have sufficient funds remaining in your scholarship for completion of your degree.
- The award of this scholarship is for up to 10 (ten) Assessment Fees. Should you require additional assistance after exhausting the awards, you may apply for additional financial aid. UoPeople cannot guarantee that financial aid will be available at that time.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, you indicate your consent to the use of your non-identifying information in general University publications. This consent shall remain in full force and effect after the completion of your studies at the University.
- You must abide by all policies and procedures of the University as outlined in the University Catalog. This includes, but is not limited to, strict adherence to the University’s General Code of Conduct and the Academic Code of Conduct.
- The University reserves the right to take disciplinary action, including cancellation of this scholarship and termination of your enrollment if, at any time after the award of the scholarship, it has reasonable grounds to suspect that:
- you have been awarded this scholarship on the basis of false statements, misrepresentation or fraudulent actions; or
- you have encouraged or induced another scholarship applicant to make false statements, misrepresentations or fraudulent actions in his or her scholarship application, regardless of whether the scholarship is awarded.
- By accepting this scholarship, you agree to these terms and conditions and to all other University policies and procedures, which continue to apply. This includes (but is not limited to) the policies and procedures outlined in the University Catalog and Enrollment Agreement.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Any unresolved dispute which is related to these terms and conditions and has not been amicably resolved shall be brought before a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of California, which shall have sole jurisdiction in this regard.
- Provisions regarding the awarding of this scholarship are subject to change.
- If you have any questions about your scholarship, please contact [email protected]