Read these educational quotes for students to get inspired and take another step toward your dream.
1. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” – Nelson Mandela
Education is the first step for people to gain the knowledge, critical thinking, empowerment and skills they need to make this world a better place.
2. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever” – Mahatma Gandhi
It’s important to seize the day, but always make time to go deeper and wider in your learning.
3. “The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity” – Dorothy Parker
The more you learn, the more you want to learn, the more the world becomes more interesting to you, and discovering it becomes more fun.
4. “If You are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people” – Chinese Proverb
There are many ways you can make an impact on the world. But there is no greater impact that you can make than spreading education, and empowering people who’ll empower and teach people, who, in turn, will empower and teach more.
5. “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer” – Albert Einstein
Getting education isn’t easy, and most students experience challenges during their degrees. The important thing is to believe in yourself and not give up.
6. “Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself” – Chinese Proverb
You can have access to professors from the best universities in the world, but you still need to be willing to do the work, even when it’s hard. If you can’t do it alone, remember that asking for help is part of doing the work.
7. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest” – Benjamin Franklin
Education requires costly resources, like time and money, which are often hard to find. But those who do invest these resources, often end up richer – not just because they often improve their financial situation, but because their minds are richer too.
8. “The highest result of education is tolerance” – Hellen Keller
We said it in our vision too. When you educate people, you take down barriers. You help them see what it’s like in other situations, cultures and countries. You create a world that is more tolerant to differences and accepting of all.
9. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you” – B. B. King
Education is a long term investment. The time and money you put in, the courage you have to move through challenges and persevere… it will all keep paying off for the rest of your life.
10. “Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another” – G.K. Chesterton
Education connects you with the stories, theories and accomplishments of faraway cultures and generations. It offers you a body of knowledge greater than you can ever gain on your own in one lifetime.
11. “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows” – Sydney J. Harris
Before embraking on your higher education journey, all you have is your own experience. Education opens a window to thought leaders near and far throughout history, and lets you understand the world in a deeper, more complex way.
12. “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education” – Martin Luther King
When you develop critical thinking, you no longer take things for granted. You start questioning why things are the way they are. You learn about people who saw something wrong and had the courage to do things differently in their personal lives, or lead a nation to an impactful transformation. Yes, you need courage and tenacity, but when you get an education, you start realizing you can make a difference too.
13. “When you educate one person you can change a life, when you educate many you can change the world”- Shai Reshef
Shai Reshef is an educational entrepreneur, founder and president of University of the People, the world’s first non-profit, tuition-free, accredited university. He made it his life mission to help open the gates to higher education.
Use These Education Quotes to Take the Next Step Toward Your Dream
Keep these education quotes nearby. Save them in your favorites, print them out and keep them in your wallet, or hang them on the wall. Read them every time things get tough, and always remind yourself:
You’re worth the effort, so don’t give up on your dream.