[Pasadena, CA. September 30 2020] – New university rankings based purely on student feedback ranked University of the People (UoPeople) in the top ten of all universities. The first StuDocu World University Ranking is based on the opinion and experience of 100,000 students from 1,500 universities and emphasizes that it is a “university ranking for students by students.” The rankings put University of the People in the mix with the likes of Duke, UCLA, Vanderbilt, and University of Michigan.
In the US and Canada region, there were 20,000 student respondents at 171 universities. Students surveyed were asked to rank the universities they attended in a variety of timely categories including:
- Remote learning: Does your university offer sufficient facilities to follow classes online, and is it easy to contact your teachers/professors remotely?
- Safety: Does your university take the right safety measures to ensure you feel safe on campus?
- Quality of courses: Are you satisfied with the courses offered by your school? Are the courses offered challenging enough? Are you satisfied with the quality of professors, their teaching methods and course material?
- Financial aid: Does your university offer enough financial aid to students who aren’t eligible for a scholarship?
- Diversity & inclusivity: Does your university take enough measures to make everyone feel included regardless of race, ethnic or social background, gender, sexual orientation, etc.?
“We have never taken part in any rankings, so we were pleasantly surprised to discover that we are in such a high position here, especially since these rankings demonstrate the ‘popular vote,’” said Shai Reshef, President of University of the People, the first online, tuition-free, non-profit, accredited, American university. “Students are recognizing that UoPeople provides a quality education regardless of your life circumstances – social, economic, geographic. There is a growing trend to join UoPeople – our enrollment has doubled in the past year alone – and these rankings prove why students are eager to enroll.”
About University of the People
University of the People (UoPeople) is the Education Revolution. It is the first non-profit, tuition-free, American accredited online university. Currently there are 44,000 students from over 200 countries and territories. Designed to open access to higher education globally, UoPeople helps qualified high school graduates overcome financial, geographic, political, and personal constraints keeping them from collegiate studies. The University offers associate and bachelor’s degree programs in business administration, computer science, and health science, as well as an MBA and M.Ed. program. Graduates of UoPeople can be found working at such companies as Deloitte, Amazon, Apple, Pfizer, Microsoft, Wells Fargo, and others. UoPeople partners with New York University (NYU), University of California (UC) Berkeley, and The University of Edinburgh and is supported by foundations such as The Gates Foundation, Ford Foundation, and Hewlett Foundation. Learn more at www.uopeople.edu.
Carrie Gray, Vice President of Public Relations
University of the People