In keeping with our mission to open the gates of higher education for all, UoPeople may accept transferred credits from both accredited US and accredited non-US institutions. You can apply for transfer credits if you are an applicant or an existing student at UoPeople.
Amount of transfer credits accepted
Benefits of Transferring to UoPeople
- You can graduate much faster and earn a degree in less than a year!
- UoPeople offer flexible fully online degree programs that allow you to study at any time, from anywhere. You don’t even need to travel to test centers!
- UoPeople degree programs are high quality and US accredited.
- UoPeople’s academic leadership includes professors from the best universities around the world.
- UoPeople’s small online classes enable you to receive personalized attention and a supportive learning experience to fuel your success.
- UoPeople is tuition-free! We don’t charge for online college courses, course materials, or annual enrollment. We do charge minimal fees to keep UoPeople running. These small fees can be paid as you go, with no commitment!
- UoPeople is 100% online, meaning you can combine studies with work, family and general life responsibilities.
UoPeople accepts transferred credits for university level courses from accredited institutions in and outside of the US. If you are not sure whether your credits can be transferred – don’t worry! All you need to do is upload your transcripts in the UoPeople Portal and our team will do the work for you! We don’t charge you for this evaluation.
To find courses that have previously been approved for transfer credit at UoPeople, you can search our database. This list is growing daily, and does not reflect all the courses you may transfer, just those who were already transferred by others.
Requirements for Transferring Credits
For a course to be eligible for transfer credit, the following criteria must be met:
- Each course grade must be equivalent to a C or above*
- The content of each course must be equivalent to that of the UoPeople’s courses. Alternatively, the course may be used towards an elective credit in a UoPeople degree program.
- The course taken should be from an accredited institution.
For undergraduate UoPeople degrees, not only other higher education courses can be transferred, but you can also transfer credits from the following:
- Advanced Placement (AP) credits
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) credits
- American Council on Education (ACE) transcripts
For graduate UoPeople degrees, only graduate level courses may be considered for earned transfer credits.
UoPeople Currently does not accept the following credits for transfer:
- Remedial Credits
- Experiential Credit
- Continuing Education Units
Transfer Credits Effect On Your GPA
Credits accepted for transfer only transfer as earned credits without a grade and therefore does not affect a student’s CGPA.
Transferring Credits from UoPeople to Other Institutions
The transferability of credits and credentials is at the complete discretion of the institution to which you seek to transfer, and may include a transfer fee.
Cost of Transferring Credits
UoPeople will evaluate your transferred credits for free. This means you can find out how many credits transfer towards your degree at absolutely no cost.
You can then decide how many approved courses you would like to transfer. We charge $17 for each course transferred to UoPeople. Although other universities also do not charge you for this process, they will still charge you for tuition fees – and UoPeople is tuition-free! If you cannot afford the fee, we may have a grant available. If none of your credits qualify for transfer, you will not be charged for this.
Timeline and Procedure
How do I transfer credits?
Once you apply, you will have a dedicated Admissions Advisor who will take you hand in hand all the way into your first course, with maximum amount of credits already in your pocket. This is how it will work:
- After you have submitted your short online application, login to the UoPeople Portal, where you will be able to choose whether you want to transfer any credits.
- If you chose to transfer credits, you will then be able to submit your transfer credit request by simply uploading your documents to the UoPeople Portal. Your Admissions Advisor can help you in this step. Credit for courses from universities outside the U.S. requires a course-by-course evaluation by an established foreign evaluation service which is a member of NACES or AICE.
- Once you have submitted your transfer credit request, the transfer credit team will review and evaluate your request, usually within 48 hours. You will be notified of the transfer credit team’s decision regarding your request via the UoPeople Portal and email.
- You will then pay $17 for every approved course.
- All transfer credit fees for applicants need to be paid by the Application Deadline to be eligible to study in the upcoming term.
- If you have not completed your transfer credit request after 7 days, we will close the request in order to allow you to save your spot in the upcoming term. If you still want to submit a transfer request, you will be able to do so as a student.