Why an Associate Degree?
An associate degree is an American university degree consisting of roughly 20 courses in a chosen field of study, which is typically completed in two years. Many students at American universities choose to begin their academic career with an associate degree for a number of reasons:
(1) After completing an associate degree, there almost no formalities involved with continuing one’s studies toward a bachelor’s degree
(2) Obtaining an associate degree gives students a tool for career-advancement while still studying, as well as an advantage in searching for a job
(3) Research shows that dividing one’s goals into shorter, more manageable tasks greatly increases an individual’s ability to achieve defined goals
(4) The majority of UoPeople’s scholarship funds are allocated to students working for an associate degree.
The Associate of Science in Business Administration program is built on a strong industry foundation and provides a broad understanding of business and business fundamentals.
Associate of Science in Computer Science
The Associate of Science in Computer Science online degree program is built on a technical base and enables students to explore the field from a range of perspectives.
Students will gain a fundamental understanding of:
(1) Mathematical and scientific principles underlying computing and information technology
(2) How to apply strategies for effective design and computing systems
(3) Methods and Tools to analyze technical problems
(4) Develop critical thinking skills in computer ethics
The online computer science associate program introduces students to the IT industry, grounds them in the techniques of computing, and equips them for continued study towards a Bachelor of Science Degree.
It's important to note that each student will be connected with a personal Program Advisor at the commencement of their studies, who will remain with them until graduation. The student's personal Program Advisor acts as his/her support system throughout their studies. The personal Program Advisor will be happy to answer any questions the student may have, offer academic advice, discuss course selection, and offer encouragement throughout the student's studies.