FAQ / Requirements

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages


Many programs require a much higher CGPA for admission. Why doesn’t UoPeople?

UoPeople students are typically 25-40 years of age and are working adults and/or individuals with family responsibilities. They have been doing other things since completing their Bachelor’s degree, so that the undergraduate CGPA may no longer be the best predictor of their success in graduate school.


UoPeople’s two-stage admissions...
Read More

Are undocumented students able to apply?

Yes, we welcome undocumented students. In fact, around 1/4 of our US students are undocumented. Higher education is the key to opening up doors for undocumented students. A lot of the undocumented students living in the US are young and driven but have no access to higher education, therefore they...
Read More

Do you accept transfer credits on behalf of a military service/professional experiences?

UoPeople will not accept remedial credits, experiential credit or continuing education units. For additional information, please visit here .

Hello. I have just graduated from high school what are your Admissions requirements?

The requirements that must be met to apply for one of our undergraduate degrees are as follows:
Be 16 years old or older Be able to demonstrate high school completion Have English proficiency. Please click here to see the following admission requirements:

How do I gain admission?

To meet the admission requirements for our Undergraduate degree programs, applicants must:
Be 16 years old or older Be able to demonstrate high school completion or equivalent English proficiencyGraduate Admission

Bachelor’s degree English proficiency Two years of full-time work experience (MBA only) Letter of recommendation (MBA only)

What are the requirements to apply for the MBA program?

To be accepted to the MBA Program in Management as a Degree Seeking Student, applicants must be 18 years old or older and meet all the admissions requirements at UoPeople as follows: 
1. Bachelor’s Degree Requirement
Applicants must have earned a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited...
Read More

What are “notarized copies”?

A notarized copy is a photocopy of an original document that has been certified as a true copy of the original. UoPeople requires that all copies of education credentials and their translations bear original notary stamps and signatures.

Notary stamps can be issued by a notary public or by...
Read More

What are the application requirements?

Applicants must submit a high school diploma or its functional equivalent. This requirement may be satisfied during your first term at UoPeople through the submission of:

An official diploma (or transcript showing graduation) sent directly to UoPeople (either mailed or submitted online); or A photocopy of the original diploma (or...
Read More

Does the University accept a GED diploma?

Yes! University of the People welcomes all individuals who meet the admissions criteria to apply. A GED diploma is an acceptable document to send in for your application to be reviewed.

Do I need to speak English?

Our online degree programs at UoPeople are accredited English degree programs – because of this, we require all non-native English speakers to provide us with proof of English proficiency.

There are four ways to prove your English proficiency – please see our link here to read all of them:

Read More

Is there a minimum score required to prove English proficiency?

Yes. Please view the following link to see the minimum scores required for each English Proficiency certificate accepted by UoPeople –  

Will I get a 1098-T to file taxes?

University of the People does not particiapte in federal financial aid and is therefore does not sign the 1098-T form. 

Does University of the People have an age restriction?

One of the admission requirements at UoPeople is to be 16 years old or older. 
Please click here for more information-  

What is the GPA requirement to be admitted into the University?

Applicants must prove high school completion through the submission of a high school diploma and transcripts. However, there is not a minimum GPA required to be accepted to University of the People. 

What do I need to provide if I was homeschooled?

University of the People welcomes all individuals who meet the admissions criteria to apply including homeschooled applicants. Homeschooled applicants must provide notarized/official proof of high school completion, be 16 years of age or older, and must meet the requirements for English language proficiency.
Additionally, homeschooled applicants who...
Read More

Can I apply if I already have a college degree?

University of the People offers two and four year programs in Business Administration, Computer Science, Health Science and Education. In order to apply to University of the People, you must provide notarized/official proof of high school completion, be 16 years of age or older and be English proficient.

If you...
Read More