Program Requirements - Associate’s Degree in Health Science

Program Requirements

The Associate of Science in Health Studies – Community and Public Health track requires the completion of at least 62 semester credits, including general education courses and all courses listed as prerequisites, and course requirements in the major.

  • Complete a minimum of 20 courses and 62 approved semester credits.
  • Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 in all coursework attempted at UoPeople.
  • Earn an overall grade point average of at least 2.00 in all courses taken in the major area of study.
  • Complete all requirements for the Associate’s Degree in no more than 25 terms of active enrollment excluding any periods of separation from the University.
  • Complete the 6 required proctored exams. Complete the 5 required proctored exams. Learn More


University of the People has five terms in its academic year, each ten weeks in length. Students must complete all requirements for the Associate’s Degree in no more than 25 terms of active enrollment.


Grading Policies and Practices

The University insures that students are issued grades in a timely fashion and that grades are determined in a manner that is accurate, fair, and consistently applied in accord with established standards. At the conclusion of each term of study, students may check their grades in their unofficial academic record in the Student Portal. Since the unofficial academic record is a permanent record of a student’s academic performance, including course selections, grades, and credits earned toward a degree, it must be correct at all times. Students who believe an error has been made on their academic records should be in contact with the Office of Academic Affairs at


Students are encouraged to speak to their Course Instructors if they wish further clarification of their grades, would like to discuss their assessments, or are considering requesting a grade change. Students with further complaints regarding alleged unfair or improper grading at UoPeople and who are unable to reach a resolution with their Course Instructor may request a Grade Appeal form from the Office of Academic Affairs.