The Bachelor of Science requires the completion of at least 120 semester credits, including general education courses and all courses listed for the course requirements in the major.
- Complete a minimum of 120 approved credits
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 in all coursework attempted at UoPeople
- Earn an overall grade point average of at least 2.00 in all courses taken in the major area of study
- Complete all requirements for the Bachelor’s Degree in no more than 50 terms of active enrollment excluding any periods of separation from the University
- Complete the 11 required proctored exams
University of the People has five terms in its academic year, each ten weeks in length. Students must complete all requirements for the Bachelors’s Degree in no more than 50 terms of active enrollment.
Grading Policies and Practices
The University insures that students are issued grades in a timely fashion and that grades are determined in a manner that is accurate, fair, and consistently applied in accord with established standards. At the conclusion of each term of study, students may check their grades in their unofficial academic record in the Student Portal.
Since the unofficial academic record is a permanent record of a student’s academic performance, including course selections, grades, and credits earned toward a degree, it must be correct at all times. Students who believe an error has been made on their academic records should be in contact with the Office of Academic Affairs at email@example.com.
Students are encouraged to speak to their Course Instructors if they wish further clarification of their grades, would like to discuss their assessments, or are considering requesting a grade change. Students with further complaints regarding alleged unfair or improper grading at UoPeople and who are unable to reach a resolution with their Course Instructor may request a Grade Appeal form from the Office of Academic Affairs.