Get Ready For Your College Courses
To best prepare for your future studies, please review the below preparation resources. We encourage you to use the time before starting your first term, to get a taste of the topics of your upcoming courses. There’s no better time to start than now! Good luck with your studies!
Learn Business Policy and Strategy
This course addresses the formulation, implementation, monitoring and control of business strategies and supporting organizational policies. Students learn to evaluate the comprehensive business enterprise through an integrated view of the various functional disciplines. This course attempts to develop the conceptual and abstract skills required by leaders of businesses in a competitive environment in order to understand business issues and challenges from the perspective of all functional managers.
- Ritson, N. (2013). Strategic Management.Bookboon.com. Available at: http://bookboon.com/en/strategicmanagement-ebook
- MTD Training (2010). Leadership Skills. Bookboon.com. Available at: http://bookboon.com/en/leadership-skills-ebook
- Passenheim, O. (2010). Change Management. Bookboon.com. Available at http://bookboon.com/en/change-management-ebook
- Garner, E. (2012).Understanding Personality Theories. Bookboon.com. Available at: http://bookboon.com/en/understanding-personality-types-ebook
- Greener, T. (2010).Understanding Organizations: What do HR people do? Bookboon.com. Available at:: http://bookboon.com/en/understanding-organisations-what-do-hr-people-do-ebook
Business Policy and Strategy – BUS 4403 -Course Schedule and Topics:
This course will cover the following topics in eight learning sessions, with one Unit per week. The Final Exam will take place during Week/Unit 9 (UoPeople time).
Week 1: Unit 1 – Formulating Policy and Strategy
Week 2: Unit 2 – Implementing Strategy
Week 3: Unit 3 – Monitoring and Control of Policy or Strategy Execution
Week 4: Unit 4 – Structural Frame of Reference
Week 5: Unit 5 – Economic/Business Frame of Reference
Week 6: Unit 6 – Political/Cultural Frame of Reference
Week 7: Unit 7 – Human Resources Frame of Reference
Week 8: Unit 8 – Policy and Strategy Integration: The Role of Leadership
Week 9: Unit 9 – Course Review and Final Exam