FAQ / Transcripts

Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt


I cannot provide transcripts because I’m a refugee – what can I do?

Please contact your Admissions or Program Advisor in this case.

If I have more than one transcript, should I apply with them both in one application?

Yes. Because you will not be able to submit additional applications, please make sure to submit all courses from all transcripts in the ONE application.

How can I submit my required documents?

Please visit your Self Services Portal to submit any required documents.
Please click here to see the required application materials and procedure to sending the necessary documents:

Where should I send my transcript?

You may submit documents online in the UoPeople Portal here.

How do I send my original documents or academic certificates?

You may submit documents online via the UoPeople Portal or ask your school to send us your official documents directly. You will not need to submit your documents before you start studying with us, and you will have a full year to complete this requirement from the beginning...
Read More

Is an English Proficiency document required?

Not necessarily! If you want to study your degree in one of our English programs but are not able to provide one of the above English proficiency qualifications, you can start your learning journey with UoPeople’s English Composition 1 course. In this case, you will be required to successfully complete...
Read More

Does the University accept a GED diploma?

Yes! University of the People welcomes all individuals who meet the admissions criteria to apply. A GED diploma is an acceptable document to send in for your application to be reviewed.

Which foreign evaluation agencies does UoPeople accept transcript evaluations from?

Any provider on the list of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services), including: World Education Services (WES), SpanTran: The Evaluation Company (SpanTran), Foreign Academic Credential Service, Inc. (FACS) and International Education Research Foundation (IERF). You can view the ...
Read More

Can I send my Bachelor’s Diploma instead of my high school certificate?

Yes, you may send a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate diploma AND transcript instead of a high school certificate and transcript.